GENERAL RULES & GUIDELINES:
- Studentswho have completed at least five years by 30th March of the academic year may be admitted to Std. I. It is therefore essential that the Birth Certificate be submitted in original at the time of admission in support of the Declaration regarding date of birth.
- New admissions will be made subject to availability of seats.
- One who will be responsible to the Principal for the child must introduce every Candidate for admission in person.
- Students coming from recognized schools will not be admitted without the original Leaving Certificate from that school.
- If they come from a recognized school outside the State they shall have their Leaving Certificate counter – signed by the inspecting Authority of that State. (Transfer Certificate)
- Pupils will be given admission only through proper channels. No special reference or recommendation will be entertained or considered.
- The school managementreserves the right to admit or retain students in the school.
- At the time admission the birth certificate & community certificate issued by the Municipality or the authorities concern must be submitted.
- A medical fitness certificate also should be enclosed along with this.
- A calendar month’s notice is to be given before the withdrawal of a student. The person responsible should give such notice in writing for the student and not by the pupil. However the fees once paid, including the admission fees will not be refunded nor transferred under any circumstances.
- Pupils who leave without notice and pupils whose names are stuck off the rolls for unexplained absence of more than one month are as a rule not re-admitted.
- Parents are requested to notify the office on time when the student leaves the school and also the fees will have to be paid for the full academic year.
- The Leaving Certificate, without which a pupil cannot join any other school, shall be refused to those who have not paid their fees and other dues.
- The Leaving Certificate should be applied for in writing by the parent or guardian in the prescribed form along with No Due Certificates from the Accts. Dept and Library.
- Pupils who desire to discontinue studies should take their Leaving Certificates immediately. A fee will be charged if the Certificate is taken after one year, and if a duplicate is applied for, and the prescribed procedure must be followed.
All students from playgroup to Sr. Kg. will have to fill a conversion form & raise an Invoice for the next academic year in the month of November – December for admission to the next class for the next academic year. This will ensure natural promotion to the next class subject to the other rules & regulations of the school.
Attendance & Leave:
- All students are expected to attend on all school days and for the full day. Half day applications will not be entertained.
- Students must be present in the school after holidays /vacations on the reopening day of the school. They must also remain present in the school on the last working day of the school, preceding the holidays/ vacations.
- No leave of absence is granted except on previous written application from parents or guardians and only for valid reasons.
- All students are expected to report 10 minutes before the scheduled school time. School gate shall close sharp at the scheduled time.
- Students reporting after the scheduled time will be rewarded with a late remark in the school diary. Three late remarks will lead to strict action against the student.
- A minimum of 75% of the total attendance of the academic session would be necessary to appear for the final examination and promotion. Shortage of attendance up to 15% may be’ condoned in case of genuine illness provided an authentic medical certificate in this regard is submitted.
- If a student fails to appear for any test, examination, practical, project work, he /she will be considered as failed in that test, examination, practical, project work. No retest / re exam will be conducted. If the absence is due to serious illness then an application for such leave supported with a medical report should be submitted to the Principal.
- Parent should make a request for leave in advance and only when they are convinced of its absolute necessity, unless it is a case of injury to or illness of the student.
- If a student is absent owing to illness, the student must on return bring a note written by the parent or guardian. In case of longer illness, i.e. lasting more than one week the Principal should be informed and Medical Certificate should be attached.
- The school reserves the right to refuse permission for any trip if it demands excessive leave or if it occurs at an inappropriate time of the school year.
- During school hours no student is allowed to leave the classroom without the permission of the teacher or until the class is over. Written permission of the Principal or supervisor is required for the student to leave the premises during the school hours. Breaches of these rules will be viewed seriously.
- Parents are requested not to ask their children to comeback from school before the school gets over except in case of real necessity in which permission should be obtained previously in writing.
- It may be noted that children will not be sent home even in an emergency with any one who might come for them during school hours without a written request from the parent or guardian.
- Parents are requested to ensure that their children arrive at and leave school punctually. Any student who is late in attending school should bring with him/her a written application from his/her parent/ guardian for late attendance. Strict action will be taken against habitual latecomers.
Best Attendance Award:
- School shall always motivate students to attend the school regularly and may acknowledge such students who achieve 100% attendance with a certificate, subject to other rules and regulations related to the same. If any student is remarked for incomplete uniform, late marks, cleanliness or for any such remarks, then that student will not be considered for the best attendance award.
- However, the school disciplinary committee headed by the Principal reserves its rights to declare or cancel or amend the rules and regulations for such awards and its decision will be final and binding on everyone. Parents are requested not to pressurize or interfere with the school disciplinary committee’s decision in this regard.
- School gives first priority to its student’s health than attendance. Hence, parents are requested not to force the students to attend the school in spite of their ill-health for achieving 100% attendance. If a teacher finds any child not fit enough to attend the school, then the parents shall be informed to take the child back home and parents are requested to do so. Under such circumstances, such student will be marked absent and will not be considered for the best attendance award.
Parents are requested to ensure that homework is done regularly by the students. By ‘Homework’ the school refers to the entire gamut of academic follow-up that takes place at home and not necessarily just written work. At the Primary School level, student’s time out of school should be their own time in which they pursue their own interests, hobbies and play. Often students are tired from the intensive teaching they have had during the day. Therefore, the school does not set excessive homework. However, at the Secondary level students are expected to submit their completed homework / worksheets on scheduled dates itself.
The school recognizes that birthdays are special occasions for students and parents, and requests that birthday celebrations at school are kept simple. The school does not permit distribution of candies, toffees, chocolates or any take-home presents for students or teachers. Students are not allowed to wear colour dress.
- There is one fundamental school rule, that all students at all times will behave well and sensibly and show courtesy, consideration and respect for others and do nothing that will bring the school’s name into disrepute.
- The school reserves the right to make changes in the School Rules, which will be communicated to students and parents and shall be binding to all.
- All School Rules apply to all students from the time they leave home for school until they have returned home at the end of the school day, or while taking part in any activity organised by, or related to the school.
- Although the school is not responsible for the behaviour of its students outside its premises, due notice will be taken of reports of misbehaviour and disciplinary action will be taken against them if the report is substantiated on proper enquiry.
- Irregular attendances at school, habitual laziness, disobedience, dishonesty or conduct injurious to the moral tone of the school within or without are sufficient reasons for the dismissal of a student. In such cases the decision of the Principal shall be final.
- Any damage done in the class or in the school premises has to be made good.
Pupils must take care of the equipment that has been lent for their use.
- The school authorities will not be responsible for the loss, damage or robbery of pupil’s belongings. It is not advisable for the pupils to bring money or valuable articles unnecessarily to school.
- Students must not bring mobile phones and walkmans or any similar gadgets to school. The school will confiscate such gadgets.
- No books (other than text or school library books), Newspapers or periodicals may be brought to the school without the Principal’s permission.
- No pupil is exempted from Games and Physical Trainingwithout a Medical Certificate. The period of exemption should be specified.
- Pupils of this school are strictly forbidden to buy anything from the street hawkers. Students are expected to bring home made vegetarian food in their Tiffin’s.
- Spoken English is encouraged in the school and within the school premises. All students are expected to speak strictly in English only once they wear the school dress.
- No gift or any demonstration to the teacher is allowed. (Even on birthdays, children’s day, teacher’s day, diwali etc)
- Transport service is an optional service facilitated and outsourced by the school for the convenience of its students.
- The school bus facility available to the student cannot be expected or demanded as a matter of right. The Transport Department at their own discretion have the right to disallow any student from availing the bus facility.
- Students availing the bus facility will be provided with a bus no, pick up and alighting stop no.
- Any Change in the bus timings will be notified to the parent by the Transport Department.
- Students will have to board and alight the school bus at the respective stops allotted to them only. The Transport Dept reserves the rights to allot the stops.
- Students while travelling on the school bus must maintain discipline. Any student guilty of misconduct will not be allowed to avail the bus facility.
- A student shall be refused the bus facility if involved in damage to the bus property. Besides, the damage done will have to be compensated by the student.
- Discontinuation of bus facility will only be allowed semester wise. Bus facility cannot be discontinued for any particular month.
- No transport facility shall be available for other activities / events that school may plan on holidays / vacations.
- Students/ parents will not have any transactions / altercation / physical fight with the bus. Bus employees are not authorized to change/add bus stops.
- The school has taken utmost care for the safety and convenience of the students. Any suggestion/ complaint regarding the transport service is to be made in writing strictly to the Transport Department and the same shall be entertained by the Transport Department only. The School management and School Principal shall no way interfere with the decisions taken by the Transport Dept. for the smooth functioning of the transport service for the students.
- It is important that any change to the usual pick-up/ drop routine is intimated to the transport in charge a day in advance. Bus crews have been instructed to bring back to the school any student who is not collected by the authorised person at the designated bus stop.
- No child will be handed over to an unknown person/ to anyone without the parent I-card which must be produced at the time of pick up.
- Please cooperate with the Drivers and attendants. It takes nearly two weeks to set the transport route. Hence, there is a possibility of mismatch of timings given to you at the start.
Events / Cultural Programmes / Extra Activities:
- The School may organize various events / programmes in the interest of its students and parents. However, as the school does not charge separately for any such events, programmes or activities, the organizing of such events / programmes / activities shall be at the sole discretion of the school management.
- Also, the manner in which such events are to be organized shall be decided by the school principal only. Parents shall not demand or pressurize the school to organize any event. The school also reserves its rights to change / amend / postpone / prepone or cancel any such event in the last moment without any notice.
- The school shall not be responsible for the distribution and quality of costumes required for events.
School will see that the following principles of discipline are observed.
- Regularity and implicit obedience in the school.
- Politeness and courtesy of speech and conduct as well as cleanliness of dress and person are inculcated.
- Pupils are made to realize that they are responsible to the school authorities not only for their conduct in the school but also for the general behaviour outside.
- Parents are given to understand that they cannot dictate to the Management and that the Management has a right to say on what Conditions it will admit or retain pupils in the school or cancel the admission.
- Any pupil who is persistently insubordinate or is repeatedly or will fully mischievous or is guilty of malpractice in connection with examinations or has committed an act of serious indiscipline and/or misbehaviour, or who in the opinion of the Head of the school has an unwholesome influence on fellow pupils or whose guardians show little interest in the progress of their wards may be removed from the rolls. The removal may be temporary or permanent, according to the gravity of the offence.
- Cleanliness/hygiene must be maintained. It is important to us at school that the child is safe from possible illnesses and diseases.
- Pupils are expected to be punctual. Latecomers are liable to be sent home at the Parent’s own risk.
- No pupil who has been absent from school or late will be admitted to the class without the Principal’s/Supervisor’s signature.
- At the first bell (8.50 AM) the pupils will enter their respective classes. At the second bell, they will stand up in silence for the school assembly prayer.
- Pupils are expected to come to school provided with all that is necessary for their day’s work. Borrowing or lending of pencils, rubbers, rulers, instrument box, etc. is discouraged.
- Personal cleanliness and hygiene are greatly recommended to all. The students should be particularly careful not to throw any papers, seeds, etc. anywhere in the school premises. They should use the baskets and bins especially provided for this purpose.
- During the absence of the teacher, each Class Monitor is responsible for the order and discipline of the class.
- Pupils from one class may not visit their friends in any other class during their intervals.
- Students must speak strictly in English only in the school premises, school bus and even during any school functions conducted outside the school premises.
- Silence must be observed in the corridors and on the stairs during class hours.
There should be NO TALKING at the change of periods.
- SILENCE must be observed outside the Principal’s office.
- Running, playing or shouting inside the school building is never allowed.
- Silence and order must be maintained in the library.
- Only one book at a time will be issued on appointed days.
- Library books are issued only to the students of Grade 1 and above.
- No pupil may keep the book with him/her for more than 7 days.
- A book may be issued for a further period of 7 days, if there is no demand for it by any other student. All library books must be returned by Feb 28th of that academic year. The Librarian should be notified by the borrower if the book is damaged before accepting the book. Otherwise the borrower will be held responsible and the pupil will have to make good the damage.
- If a student loses a book the student will have to replace the book or pay a fine equal to the value of the book. Any student who infringes the Library Rules will be liable to pay a fine or be debarred from the Library.
- Parents are expected to support and reinforce the school rules and policies. The school expects parents to attend parent-teacher meetings, school functions and thus show their interest in their student’s school activities.
- Parents, guardians or other persons are not allowed to speak to the students or their teachers during class hours / during transition without the permission of the Principal. Appointments may be made before hand to interact during a teacher’s free period, with the approval of the Principal.
- Private tuitions are strongly discouraged. If there is a real need, written permission is required from the Principal to engage a tutor at home. School Teachers are not ordinarily allowed to give tuitions to pupils who are being taught by them and parents are requested to strictly refrain from engaging the school teachers for their ward’s private tuition.
- Parents are expected to co-operate in the work of the school by enforcing regularity and discipline and by taking general interest in the child’s progress.
- Parents are expected to encourage the students to speak in English. Parents should take keen interest and initiative for the academic development and fluency in English of their wards so as to maintain the school’s standard.
- The school will insist on strict punctuality regular school attendance, cleanliness in dress, general grooming and fidelity to study and work assignments. Absence from school for merely social functions will be strongly discouraged.
- Students who neglect their lessons will be required to stay in school after class to complete their lessons.
- Attendance at school functions such as Children’s Day, Teacher’s Day, Sports Day, Independence Day, Republic Day, etc. is very essential.
- Parents or guardians are specially requested to notify the school of any change in their address or telephone numbers.
- When communicating with the Principal, parents are requested to mention in their letters the standard, name, roll number and division in which their children are studying.
- Parents are requested to cooperate with the school in all its activities including planning / organizing / volunteering / sponsoring / compeering events, annual day, sports day, other programmes etc as and when required. Parents are also expected to voluntarily extend their expertise and knowledge in their respective fields for the betterment of students and school, if the school seeks for the same.
- Parents are expected to enter the school building through the administrative block only. Entry of parents through school block is not allowed.
- Parents or guardians should as soon as possible notify the school authorities of the occurrence of any contagious or infectious disease in the house where a pupil lives, and the pupil or pupils must not be sent to school until I until all danger of infection is over after the LAST CASE in the house, as may be the nature of the disease.
- Parents and guardians may discuss with the members of the staff regarding their child’s/ward’s behaviour and progress in school during PTMs.. Previous permission of the Principal is required to visit a teacher during the school hours other than the Parent Teacher Meetings.
- Parents are requested not to discuss with the members of the staff regarding their child’s/ward’s behaviour and progress inside the school premises during transition.
- Parents are aware that the school reserves the rights to make changes in the school rules and regulations, which will be communicated to students and parents and shall be binding to all. Parents are requested not to pressurize the Principal or Management with regards to such school’s rules and regulations.
- Parents are given to understand that they cannot dictate to the Principal and School management. The Management has the sole rights to admit or retain pupils in the school or cancel the admission of the student at its own discretion.
- School Management and the Principal will reserve the rights of promotion for any child whose parents are found to be irresponsible towards their children.
- Non vegetarian food is strictly not allowed in the school premises.
Parking of Personal Vehicles:
- Parents are requested to ensure that there is no parking chaos outside the school premises and in the lane during the transition time / PTM. Parents are requested to park their vehicles in the parking area allotted and walk to the school entrance while coming to pick up and drop their children.
- Parents should ensure that no inconvenience is caused to the residents in the lane due to traffic congestion caused by wrong parking. The school management and Principal shall be in no way responsible if the parents have any damage / arguments / altercation / physical fight / verbal abuse / deflation of tyres with / by the residents in the lane in this regard and under no circumstances shall the school management and Principal get involved into such incidents caused due to wrong parking.
- Kindly ensure that the child’s name is written (with a marker) on all the items used by the child (Bag, Cap, Shoes, Tiffin Box etc) in school.
- Please laminate the parent I-card or use plastic pouches provided by the school.
- Check the School Bag / School diary daily. It contains important information for you.
- The School Dress has been designed keeping in view the taste of children. Ensure that they are clean and hygienic.
- Kindly have the photo of the person who will pick up your child pasted on the parent I-card. (Extra parent I- card is available on request) If you expect your child to come home on his own, (For Grade II Onwards only) you will have to submit an undertaking about the same.
- In case of another person coming to pick up the child, the substitute is expected to have both the I. Card and a letter of authority.
- No child will be handed over to a person not known to the teacher / security.
- You are requested to come on time to pick up your child.
- Please do not talk to the class teacher regarding your child’s progress while picking up or dropping your child / through personal mobile.
- At the end of the school day, buses will leave first and the transition of the walkers will be only after the buses leave.
- Parents are requested to refrain from waiting in the school premises during the school hours except for meeting the Principal or teachers by prior appointment.
- Fancy Tiffin boxes are prohibited. Make use of Tiffin boxes provided by the school only.
- Tiffin boxes should not be too big. Wafers, sweets etc. should not be packed in Tiffin box. Friday is a fruit day. Kindly pack fresh fruits in your child’s Tiffin.
- All the rules to function the school as per CBSE Board and the Law shall be applicable.